Monthly Archives: September 2014
My friend Alan Bishop inspired me to start my 365dayMom site. We met for coffee years ago and talked about his then new initiative called the 365 Effect. I remember listening to him talk about how he had just finished 365 days without something like junk food and wine. I remember thinking he was crazy! But since then I have always thought about his Effect.
So now it’s my turn to give it a try. I am so excited about my new website. And nervous too because I’m worried I won’t be able to keep with it. I am taking on quite a big commitment. Posting in each area of my website daily for a year. And I may run out of ideas before a year is up. But it is sure going to be fun trying!
I really do think that doing something for 365 days is going to have a big effect on my life:
1. It is going to force me to be organized and not procrastinate.
2. I’m going to learn how to write (or at least try!)
3. It is going to make me look at areas of my life that I absolutely love and get to share those – music, reading, laughing.
4. It is going to make me appreciate those things I don’t enjoy as much which includes cooking and exercising! What was I thinking adding those two areas to my site??
5. I’m going to engage my mind and learn so much. And that alone has made me so passionate about this project and there is absolutely nothing bad about feeling passionate about something.
So thank you Alan for starting me down this crazy path. Compared to cutting out junk food this will be a snap!!
Check out Alan and his 365 effect at www.365effect.com.Share this post!
So our teachers were on strike until this week. Thankfully the strike is over and my teenager is now at school. Because I’m not sure he would be able to handle watching me with today’s 15 minutes. I’m going to dance. Well at least move around for 15 minutes (or what my playlist for today says is 4 songs) to music. My songs for today are pure female motivation:
Jennifer Lopez – Dance Again
Lady Gaga – Edge of Glory
Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive
Blondie – One Way or Another
So close your curtains and dance away… Or even better open the windows and doors and get the neighbours talking!Share this post!
I believe Pink is one of the best writers and performers of this era. She tops my bucket list of performers I still need to see live (I own her concert DVD for my fix until then). And this song is incredible. I imagine her performing at Woodstock in the ’70s every time I listen to it. My favourite version is with the Indigo Girls. Simple song that allows you to listen to every single lyric. Released 2006.
I love live performances, so more often than not I will link a live performance of the artists.